Saturday, May 6, 2023

(3) Break a leg, hope you get a cast

Oh, the cast of life. This week we discussed the roles which we take on in our families, whether assigned or stepped into on our own. It was very odd to realize what I had stepped into and taken on as a young child and teenager and now an adult in my family. It is something that causes one to give pause as to why we do the things that we do. I had a candid conversation with my parents about my view on the role verse what it was like for them. I have insanely struggled to come up with what to write about this topic. It is something so interesting but deeply personal to think about and share with others. Oh, the motivation of a due date.

We take on roles where we see a space or need, and it can affect us long after. Have you ever found yourself during the holidays seemingly acting like a different person or like you did as a child? But trying to break out of that seems impossible. Like fighting an invisible force that can't quite grasp, where do you even start?! I found this chart helpful for me to see the different roles, their effect internally and externally, what it can cause, and the pros and cons. So, let’s start a conversation. What roles did you take on in your family and is it different now?




In all seriousness, 

Your Mom,

Trionna 

No comments:

Post a Comment